blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
DPITB Geelong was held from 10th to 13th March 2017.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #977

• Glenn Pure
  • Glenn Pure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 204
Attached/below are a few shots from the conference. I have many more as one of the 'official' photographers (in other words, Graham Cam asked me if I'd take some shots!). I have done much work to these photos and probably won't have time to work up any more before head off to NZ later this week. I'll post more when I get back. In the meantime, I hope others who had cameras there will post some photos.

Photos are:
1. Paul Sullivan providing the opening address
2. Conference attendees at the Canon table
3. Georgina Steytler and Brian O'Leary with their Tom Oliver Awards (2017 award to Georgina and 2015 to Brian)
4. Ian Wilson receiving his medal for winning the 2016 Advanced competition (aggregate results over the year).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson, Andrew Browne, Warren Wilson, Tim Van Leeuwen, Desmond Hokin, Bruce Terrill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #980

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Thank you Glenn, and here are a few more snaps... with many more to come over the next week. I have not lavished much attention on the processing, except for the portraits of the ladies, the men are as I found them, slightly worn around the edges but still good for their age. To see the images full-size, click on the thumbnail to launch a preview image. Right click on the preview and click View Image.

1. Graham Cam, President BLP - Official Opening.

2. Paul Sullivan, CEO BLA - Opening Address.

3. Steve Tredinnick - 'Just One Frame ...'

4. Georgina Steytler - 'Animal Ethics in Ornithology and Bird Photography'

5. Kim Wormald - 'From Muddles to Medals'

6. Fiona Blandford, BLA Head Office - discussing the kind of images needed for BLA publications.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Browne, Glenn Pure, Warren Wilson, Tim Van Leeuwen, Desmond Hokin

Last edit: by Ian Wilson.

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #981

• Les Peters
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
The Tawny-crowned bird photographer, also known as Glen Pure; in his natural environment....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson, Glenn Pure, Warren Wilson

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #983

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Some more talking heads from DPITB. To see the images full-size, click on the thumbnail to launch a preview image. Right click on the preview and click View Image.

1. Les Peters - 'How to Capture Bird Videos'

2. Keith Lightbody - 'Using Natural Light...'

3. Brian O'Leary - 'Attracting Birds for Exceptional Bird Photography'. Shown here demonstrating his method for euthanasing troublesome domestic and feral cats using a metal tube with a .22-inch bore.

4. Rob Parker - 'Navigating the BirdLife Photography Website'

5. David Burren - 'Lightroom Workflows...'

6. Ian Smissen - 'Producing an eBook'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn Pure, Warren Wilson

Last edit: by Ian Wilson.

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #994

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Some faces in the crowd. To see the images full-size, click on the thumbnail to launch a preview image. Right click on the preview and click View Image.

1. Peter Bennet - New Images moderator

2. Andrew Browne

3. Steve Mitchell
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn Pure, Warren Wilson

A few shots 7 years 1 month ago #995

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47

3. Georgina Steytler and Brian O'Leary with their Tom Oliver Awards (2017 award to Georgina and 2015 to Brian)
4. Ian Wilson receiving his medal for winning the 2016 Advanced competition (aggregate results over the year).

Congratulations to Georgina on winning the prestigious Tom Oliver Award for 2017 and a big pat on the back of Ian Wilson for winning the 'Boy Scout' badge for 2017.
Fair dinkum, I don't know how Ian get the time to take the quality images that he always seems to be submitting as well as answering unending questions from guys like me.
I'd personally like to congratulate Ian and also thank him for his untiring efforts in trying to help me take better photos.. . .thanks ian.
Bruce.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson, Glenn Pure

Last edit: by Rob Parker.
  • Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.