blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best of year photo comp. 6 years 5 months ago #1465

• Graham Cam
  • Thank you received: 38
When the decision was made to have the 'Best of xxxx', it was to give our members the opportunity to display their best image, without the requirements to meet a theme and its definition, but certainly for that specific calendar year. Holding this competition in December does mean that the year is truncated and this has been addressed.

Therefore, the 'Best of 2018' will be held as the first competition in 2019, with eligible images captured between 1st January to 31st December 2018.

To reiterate Rob Parker's comments re: judging competitions, ALL competitions have a membership vote AND a Mystery Reviewer (MR) judging and critique. The MR is awarded a score, which is added towards determining the BLP medal awards. Ideally, we aim to have the MR judging completed at the same time as the membership vote. This year has been an issue as we have needed 6 MRs to judge three competitions each across the 3 levels of competition. The judges for the Advance Level had an added requirement of being professional photographers not just highly experienced photographers who have been involved in photo club level critiquing. We have almost caught-up on this backlog and certainly will do so by the completion of this last competition for the year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best of year photo comp. 6 years 5 months ago #1466

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Forum Committee,

You guys rock!
They say that any Club/Forum is only as good as its members, well I reckon this Forum is sooo much better for the people who work so tirelessly at Committee level.
And (you shouldn't start a sentence with 'and') as I have always offered, if there is anything that I can do to be of assistance please ask; and no, I'm not cleaning your bloody toilets! :sick:

Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Parker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.