blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anna 6 years 10 months ago #1167

• Anna Browne
  • Anna Browne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, I'm Anna and I use my Mum's (Simone's) subscription to Birdlife to post my images on BLP. I'm 12 years old and have always had a passion for birds. I became involved in exhibiting my geese, ducks and chooks at a local poultry show when I was about eight. When my Mum introduced me to BLP, I discovered my love for nature and surf photography. I started off on an ancient Fujifilm Finepix and used that untill it literally fell to pieces. I recently saved up for and purchased a Nikon Coolpix P900 and am thrilled with it- especially the 83x zoom
thank you so much for helping me with my photography

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anna 6 years 10 months ago #1168

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Anna
Lovely to hear from you.
No doubt that you have met a few birders already, ain't they the most kindest and friendliest people that you will ever meet?.
There is so much to learn about birding and bird photography, it's overwhelming. It's great you have an early start, unlike most of us, who started in the later stage of our lives.
Good luck with your photography, I hope the rare ones come out for you.
Peter.

Anna 6 years 10 months ago #1169

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Hi Anna,
What a pleasant surprise to learn that someone of your age is so passionate about birds and bird photography. It is a wonderful interest that will give you a lot of fun and joy. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures with your new camera - the 83x zoom is amazing but it comes with a trade-off - the image quality is not quite as good as one would expect from a camera with a more modest zoom like a 3x optical zoom. If you need some help with any aspect of bird photography, don't be shy about asking here on the Forum, there are lots of nice people who can give you good advice, and be sure to enter some of your pictures in our competitions.
Best wishes, Ian

Anna 6 years 10 months ago #1173

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 203
Hi Anna, and a warm welcome to birdlife photography. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work and watch it develop as you get more experienced. I can only reinforce Ian Wilson's offer that you should feel comfortable about asking about any questions you may have here on the forum. You could also think about posting a photo or two to the new Critique Gallery. The best ways to learn are to get lots of practice and seek feedback from others. Cheers, Glenn

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.