blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
How and where to take great bird pictures.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any suggestions within 50Km of Sydney CBD? 6 years 7 months ago #1302

• Desmond Hokin
  • Desmond Hokin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
hi all, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places in and around Sydney CBD? Anything upto 50Km drive would be of interest.
thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any suggestions within 50Km of Sydney CBD? 6 years 7 months ago #1308

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Desmond
Sorry about the delayed response.
My favorite area is the Royal National Park.
Parking at the Beachcomber Ave entrance. Bundeena. Walking in a short distance and taking Jibbon Track (sign posted) 1st left. Between 100 and 500m along you can reliably find Beautiful Firetails. Returning to the entrance track. 50m further in is the Coast track (sign posted) 2nd left. 1km to the cliff top in the heath land is the Chestnut-rumped Heathwren. Also from the cliff tops you can see the whale migration.
At Audley. 5km up Lady Carrington Drive (past Jersey Spring) are the rare Logrunners. From Kobardo Brook to Karani Brook. Also Rockwarbler. Whistlers. Fantails. Black-faced Monarch. Satin Bowerbird. Green Catbird.
What time of year would you be going and are there any particular birds you may be after?.
I don't work Mondays and would be happy to tag along. Or I can post down a Royal N.P bird guide handbook that I have spare. Always happy to payback the help and kindness shown me by other forum members.
Cheers
Peter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Desmond Hokin

Any suggestions within 50Km of Sydney CBD? 6 years 7 months ago #1323

• Desmond Hokin
  • Desmond Hokin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
thanks a lot Peter, i might take you up on that at some point in future.
cheers

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.