blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
News about BirdLife Photography.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Critique Gallery versus Forum: Post Your Pictures for Feedback 6 years 5 months ago #1437

• Andrew Rock
  • Andrew Rock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all:

I read a recent Birdlife Photo Newsletter where it said old, not-so-great images would be deleted and to only consider posting new images if they were maybe in the top 25% of what was there already and that new posts should go into the Critique Gallery. Well that's what I've been doing for a few days, and I have been grateful for some really thoughtful critique through that channel.

But then I want to act on all that good advice. What is the best way to resubmit?

I just noticed the Forum: Post Your Pictures for Feedback, would that have been a better place to post all along?

Thanks
Rock.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Critique Gallery versus Forum: Post Your Pictures for Feedback 6 years 5 months ago #1439

• Glenn Pure
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 199
Andrew, the Forum category for photo feedback has been here for some time but people weren't using it. So the Critique Gallery was created. The image size for forum posts is also smaller so does not fit perfectly if the image in question is resubmitted later to the main image holdings. It's a matter of choice which you use but I'd suggest you stick with the Critique Gallery.

As for submitting images once they've been on the Critique Gallery, you should leave the Critique Gallery image as is and simply create a new image upload and select 'New Images' as the gallery instead. In other words, treat it as a complete new image submission. This will place the newly submitted image in our main holdings.

As for posting images if they compare favorably the top 25% of current holding, this is good advice but still up to you what is submitted. Bear in mind that lesser quality images may be rejected by moderators or culled later though - and that does create work for our volunteers. We are simply trying to maintain a high quality selection of images and all members can help with this task by learning how to produce the best photos and submitting their best work.

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren Wilson, Gunther Frensch, Andrew Rock

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.